Rust removal is a very common problem in coastal climates of South Carolina due to humidity. Concrete, stucco and metal surfaces suffer from orange stains that are unsightly and difficult to remove.
- Fertilizers can also cause rust stains on concrete.
- Orange battery acid produces an orange-colored flash acid burn with an almost identical appearance. It is different from rust and often caused by golf cart batteries.
- Concrete orange battery stains are difficult to remove.
Battery Acid Stain Removal
If you drive around golf cart communities, you’ll often see orange golf cart stains on drive-ways leading to the golf cart parking location. People ask how to clean my driveway or how to clean rust.
- It’s best not to ignore this acid burn on concrete.
- It can penetrate and permanently damage your concrete.
- To remove battery acid stains is a multi step procedure best left to a professional applicator.
Cleaning concrete is not easy. It requires deep cleaning with an industrial degreaser.
- A pressure wash or power wash using a surface cleaner is the first step in concrete restoration.
- When the concrete is dry, specialty chemicals can penetrate further to remove stains.
Rust Stain Removal
- Routine cleaning methods will not usually remove these orange stains.
- Many concrete rust remover products available to home owners contain acids that may further damage concrete.
We use a new very effective product called F9 Battery Acid Restoration Cleaner (BARC) from Front 9 Restoration.
- F9 BARC is more effective than other products on the market.
- It does not damage concrete surfaces or cause severe discoloration.
It penetrates the entire stain, not just the surface. Concrete is left with its natural bright gray color. We consider F9BARC to be the best rust remover for concrete restoration. The restoration process works on bare concrete, bricks, pavers, stone, stucco and many more surfaces.
VIDEOS ON RUST REMOVAL
- Click this link to view samples of work by F9 Authorized Applicators.
- Battery acid stains on concrete
- Battery acid stains on pavers
- Concrete rust remover pictures
- Fertilizer rust stains on concrete or pavers
- Irrigation and sprinkler rust
- Rust on pool deck coatings
- Rust stains on siding
for your concrete rust remover or pressure washing needs
We are pleased to help you learn more about our rust removal service and battery acid restoration. Our consultations are free.